Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, August 05, 2012

A hot pig




We had what Rosie and I call a "Half Tube Day" yesterday. It was 103 degrees in the shade and the pig needed a half tube of sunscreen.

Which brings me to the piggie point of this post - Rosie somehow managed to get up from her nap long enough to help me snort out a name from the people that graciously sent her sun screen or donations for her first annual Suncreen Fund.

Pam Z. of Maryland will be sent a piggie print and we thank everyone who helped Rosie. Oinks and squeels!

Really, I underestimated the price of sunscreen and we have another month to go so all your help is so appreciated. Her little hair bristles are growing back so I do look forward to my hairy Rosie versus my bald Rosie. I really am pleased I've kept her burning to an all time low - she loves to lie in the sun and even though she has many shade options often goes to the sun first. All the moisture of the lotions has also kept her scaling and scabs to a minimum.