Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, September 24, 2015

Need a good head shot? Stand by a lady llama.



An old friend from Minneapolis came out to Apifera yesterday. It was so good to see her after too many years-she's hardly changed. AS usual, lady Birdie proved to be the first Misfit to greet my friend, creeping up behind her and gently sticking her nose into our guest's face when she turned around. She is always such a hit with guests because most people have never gotten that up and close to a llama. I was the same way. Llamas are probably the most unusual creatures I have come in contact with at this stage in my life.

I thought this was a sweet photo of M'Lady. She definitely helps me look better in a photo-you know, get a llama in your net photo so she can cover up your middle aged neck waddle!

{I hate to mention it, but I will. There are only 5 days to get funding for our Magical Misfit [Healing} Book Mobile. We still need $1,150 at this stage-it feels like a million dollars to me-and I forgot how draining these Kickstarters are. Thanks to everyone who has helped so far!}