Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, August 19, 2016

Building a life around a sense of place

This is one of the most comforting views of Apifera, the Maine Apifera. It is not as expansive as our old farm, it is not hilly with shades of ochre everywhere, and there is no coastal range [which I miss, I admit].

But at night when we sit on the porch I see Boone and the donkeys, and M'Lady Apple. It brings me peace and soothes any worries I have about income, purpose, and the repercussions of the move.

One has to find these pieces of scenery that they can turn to, and recognize their influence on the soul. I'm lucky to have this view. It is a 'smaller' view than our old place. The sky is smaller than out West. But this is what I am presented with now, and it has merit and is appreciated daily, and nightly.

You find a place that feels like it can be home, and you build a life around it, one day at a time.