Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, April 10, 2017

Thank you sheep: Fiber added to the shop

I've added our raw wool to the shop. I have been working with it all weekend and the variations in the CVM breed is amazing. It is such a surprise to see what is under that top layer of dirty wool coat! Lillian has the most gorgeous silver crimped fibers, Assumpta's of course is to swoon over, but all the hogget fleeces have beautiful intricacies. Even Little Sylvia Pettini's fleeces, I think, will belike her mom's, Calla, someday. The hogget fleeces are so soft-I am not sure what people like to do with hogget fires since they are less durable, but man are they like butter.

The weather is finally warming up to normal and man does it feel nice. I didn't think we'd never get here. Things are slowly starting to pop out of the ground and it is a delight. I am trying not to compare everything to Oregon-which is already in full bloom-but instead just relish each and every thing I notice, like a tiny bud, or the tips of the chives coming up, a bee passing by, the smell of the salt sea has returned, and for the first time since last autumn the donkeys and sheep were all out lying in the sun.

I think we've turned a corner. Hallelujah. It truly is a feeling of rebirth. No wonder you see creatures romping and running in spring. It is a time of twitterpation!