Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, October 27, 2017

A donkey at your window


The simple things in life are what I think I will remember in my final moments...I'm not sure, maybe I'm wrong, but it's the simple things-the moments of essence in any day, even the bad ones-that get strung together to make a life of 'notice'. I call it a life of notice because even though I, like anyone, gets wrapped up into daily details of simply staying alive-bills, healthcare, strife, conflict, vacuuming, chores, washing dishes-it's the moments that I notice out of the corner of my eye, or the scents that waft through the air, the white flowers Martyn brought home, the green apples with a tish of red, the donkey as he passes a window-I think that is my real life, all strung together in days.

{"Donkey at Window" now available at shop}