Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, October 28, 2017

Happy 17th to Sir Tigger

Today is Sir Tigger's 17th birthday. He and fellow elders in the Cat Suite got a special bunch of cat treats sent by friends of Apifera. Tigger spent over a year at the shelter after his owner passed and he was a favorite of many of the employees there. He's a wonderful, stoic guy, doesn't take any gruff but likes a good scratch, on his terms. Every morning when I enter the cats have their posts, and they all get greeted and petted and held. I always pick Tig up first.

I also want to thank everyone that sent cat food in the past couple weeks! Wow, our delivery box runneth over. I am so grateful! We have enough for a couple months at least and it really helps. I took weights today and was disappointed to see that little Maxine had lost 1/2 pound which is a lot for her tiny size. I think I will have to sit with her while she eats, or even crate her in morning to make sure she is getting all her food. She seems a little depressed to me. Coincidently, The Magnificent Maurice Mittens went up 1/2 pound. Hmmmm.....

IF YOU SENT CAT FOOD, please let me know-not all the boxes had gift tags in them, which is easy to overlook when you order. I know most of you, but let me know so I can be sure to get you on the Meow List for year end surprises.