Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Thursday, August 23, 2007

Summer Ode
































Cups of white
laced with ants
I'd like to weave you
into some pants.

I'd wear you all day
with my best rubber boots
Perhaps I could make
the donkeys some suits

I'd be naked and bare
except for my hair
Underneath your soft
tendrils and lace

The world that goes by
might scoff and ask why
Do you waste your days
in such a silly lacey haze
When you could move mountains perhaps
in stead of taking lacey naps

Well I would reply
and let out a sigh
It is because of my naps
complete with lace caps
That make my eyes shine
and my life just fine

©K.Dunn, Yamhill, OR

6 comments:

Bridgemor said...

your poem makes me want to be lazy hazy in a hammock dreaming away the rest of the summer. yes it will be over soon, what a bummer.
sweet phot of the lamb, love your web site too, what a nice surprise in finding it.
from another minnesotan!

Abby Creek Art said...

Love it! This part is just the best...

Cups of white
laced with ants
I'd like to weave you
into some pants.

Friederike! said...

oh so beautiful. Greetings to the lamb!

DeDe said...

I want to take naps with lacy caps!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Love the photo of the with
The Lambie Poo Lace Poem
to go with it.

julie@greatwool.com said...

Fantabulous poem...keep writing.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~