Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Friday, November 20, 2009

Love in a box



One only need look outside the window to catch a glimpse of love. Mr. Plum and Little Orange remind us that one does not need fine Italian sheets to find comfort, nor a bed from a big box store. Cardboard walls, natures finest hay bedding, and a friend keep the chill out, and the heart warm. For the fortunate person taking the picture, these little lessons come throughout the day, and are often expressed by nature's creatures.

9 comments:

sherri said...

From a cat lady--you have provided the perfect love nest! Bless you for your kindness to all creatures.

Cathy said...

How heartwarming to see those sweet orange boys curled up together!

Sherri, my Blogspot verification word is 'blessiou.'

Sharon said...

Arn't cats the best? Just a real cuppa furry love! Cute photo...

Apifera Farm said...

Greetings cat lovers...Little Orange is the last of his litter, so I'm so glad that Plum lives on the deck with him, and Mama...and BW...and sometimes now Samuelle Noel.Never thought I'd be surrounded in cats, but as the original 25 or whatever dwindle down [we're at...12?] it's kind of sad...but I'm sure there will always be cats to help...

farmlady said...

Body warmth works every time. Aren't they cute.

artistickitty said...

Oh yes..I'm most certain there will always be "cats to help"! They seem to have a way of insinuating their velvet pawed selves into the lives of kitty lovers. And I for one cannot imagine a life without cats in it. ♥ak

maccandace said...

My little outdoor former strays and ferals have been snuggling up with each other at night lately, too, 3 to a bed. They look so cute when they do that.

Paula said...

Oh, look at those sweeties. Such beautiful fur. I have just one very spoiled indoor cat.....she has me well trained.

Hope all is well with you.

Sunflower said...

i love cats.....they heal my heart so much!! these are so beautiful!
debbie

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~