Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, January 09, 2011

Conversation with fog




Dedicated to those who work enthusiastically in their daily lives to make a difference for those who might not have a voice, even if it means putting themselves in the line of fire. Hate never trumps love.

"Where have you been?" I asked the fog.

"Up on the hills, with the sky."

"What were doing?" I asked.

"Nothing," it replied.

"Will you wrap yourself around me?" I asked.

"Certainly...shall I cover your head too, or just be like a blanket?" the fog asked me.

"Head too. Like a cave, I need you to be my cave today, at least for an hour," I explained.

The donkeys came over too.

And then I was warm under her white, weightless cloth.

"Thank you, Fog." I said.

"You're welcome, I'm going down to the river now, to cover the fish."