Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Help for Samuelle Noel and surprise yourself with art!




Thank you to every one who played along. Your prints are shipping the week of 7/8 so watch for them late week or first part of next week. Meow!


Five years ago he showed up at the barn, scared, tired and wounded. For a stray, he was pretty tame, but still he was a stray and hard to doctor. But with effort, I trapped him, vetted him and neutered him. I brought him back to Apifera and he never left. He is extremely close to Hazel, one of the original ferals.

I named him Samuelle Noel because it was Christmas time.

A month ago, he looked horrible, almost overnight. He always maintained a good weight. I wormed him, deliced him, but to no avail. Within a week he looked thinner, and had a horrible rasp in his throat - which the clip above documents. I had to vet him, and we put him on a 7 day med course - after testing him for Feline AIDS and leukemia [both were negative, thank goodness].

Well, that regime did not help. And he would not eat anything - or it seemed he wasn't - even tuna, salmon, fish oil did not entice him. Today I had him back at the vet and we X-rayed him, his lungs are clear which is good, so we hope it is a stubborn bacteria. We have him on different meds and he will stay in the vet's care for 2.5 days, getting sustenance since he went from 10# to 8# in 8 days - not good! He will also get a daily nebulizer to try to suck out the fluid in his nasal area.

He was so good at the vet and I really hope we get get him back in form.

Of course, this all costs money. $150 last week, and $280 minimum coming up. I did get a $50 donation - GRATEFUL! - but I decided to do a print sale to rev up some dollars. I also have an option below for a simple donation without print or gift.

Here's how it works: Scroll below for buying options...

I have piles of wonderful prints. These are all printed by me, with the color image usually in the 5-6" range, sitting on a white piece of paper. They can be framed. I will sign each one.

When you pay $15, you get 2 prints, $4 shipping [USA orders]. You will receive your prints within 2-4 weeks.

For every $15 you pay, you get 2 prints. SO you can enter as many multiples as you'd like.

NOTE: You do not get to choose your prints! Isn't that exciting? They will be a surprise. Each print you get will be different - dare to live!

Thank you to every one who played along. Your prints are shipping the week of 7/8 so watch for them late week or first part of next week. Meow!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~