Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Swimming with a donkey



I sat down to paint today. It's been a year and a month. I talked to the paints first, apologized for my absence. Asked for their help, or for the help of any rusty muses who might be listening in. I did two little pieces, including this one, "Swimming with a Donkey". It was good to feel something, to feel like I wanted to do more pieces, to also feel like I wanted to share it.

3 comments:

Susan said...

LOVE ! I'm just about to break out my paints - paper, glue & scissors & work on some BIG sheets of kraft cardboard. I have your book "Creative Illustration Workshop" open on my desk as I type this. It's a well worn fav of mine. Kisses to the farm gang ! love, Susan

Katherine Dunn said...

God for you, Susan! Go for it! Glad the book is getting good use-maybe I should reread it LOL!

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

Alot of spirit in this piece, a calling to return of course with a donkey. xox

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~