Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Saturday, November 01, 2014

Scare the farmer pose



Maybe Earnest was just overwhelmed from the magic of the other night, but I came upon him while I was taking photos of last night's sky. There he was doing his best "Let's scare the farmer and lie down dead like" pose.

He is one sound sleeper, that Earnest. He can find a spot on any muddy, chilly day and flop for a nap. My little big man, still a gent even though he's packing a lot of testosterone.

3 comments:

Terra said...

Earnest is a cutie and I like the colors and patterns of his coat.

Corrine at sparkledaysstudio.com said...

I would have been a bit frightened with that pose. Maybe he's giving lessons in how to totally relax. xox

Katherine Dunn said...

I should point out that pigs are very adept at 'flopping' at any given minute, a wonderful trait. Often it is when the human walks over and coos or makes a fuss and they know belly rubs are next. But Earnest is the only pig I have that seems to'float' when he reclines. The trick I've found is to always look at the belly-to see if it is breathing - before panicking!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~