Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, February 15, 2012

"Misfits of Love" presentation



I'm very pleased with how things are flowing in "Misfits of Love" and now I have an online presentation of the working Table of Contents, the introduction and chapter one. Each chapter will begin with a narrative about the animal, followed with a 'conversation' with that animal in a fable style, for lack of a better word.

The first chapter is - of course - about the first old animal to be adopted by Apifera, our almost 19 year old goat, Old Man Guinnias. I felt this piece of art just captured his soul entwined with mine. I really sat back and just soared when it was finished - I hit the sweet.

6 comments:

Cynthia Valero said...

Magic. I look forward to holding this book in my hands when it is ready for the world.

Lis said...

It's going to be so amazing Katherine. Your love and wild, wonderful heart and the spirit of these special beings radiates from every word and image. I cannot wait for this baby to be birthed!

xo Lis

tammy said...

i love your work! thanks for sharing.....i love donkeys too...they have not made it into my work yet....but they are on the edge!!

nancy huggins said...

I used to raise Goats when my boys were all younger. They have a special personality don't they. Love what you do so keep up the good work.

Debra said...

I am totally in love with your work, and have your book. Read it and just sat and stared at the art work.
Love to all the critters...

Susan said...

It looks great! My daughter, Jess, informed me she contributed - you and your lovely creatures are becoming family members here :)

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~