Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And Paypal responds

I will have the vet pack up some of the abscess goop and package it nicely for Paypal. If anyone uses a merchant for online shopping carts for their site, please let me know which one. I think I've outgrown Paypal.

If you'd still like to enter the raffle, you will have to mail a check to me at 14710 NW Tupper RD, Yamhill, OR, 97148. Please send by 10/1. And let me know you are mailing it. I'm off to the vet now!

Dear Katherine Dunn

Thank you for providing us with information about your account.

Unfortunately, your appeal has been denied. You are directing your patrons to send electronic payment to the email address associated with your PayPal account, this will still allow payments to be received and your account
will be in violation of our Raffles policy.

1. Remove all requests for payment via electronic sources from site
http://apiferafarm.blogspot.com/2009/09/raffle-to-help-old-guinnias.html

I apologize for any frustration that this may cause.

If you have any questions, please contact the PayPal Acceptable Use Policy
Department at aup@paypal.com.

Sincerely,
Ronita
PayPal Acceptable Use Policy Department
PayPal, an eBay Company

6 comments:

bbmowery said...

Boo, Paypal, boo!

Paula said...

Oh my.

Well the good news is that we can all still help out by sending via the mail.

I checked my bank account this morning and my PayPal payment to you did show up, so please confirm to me that you actually got it. If you didn't I'll go after PayPal, my bank, and send you a check right away.

Keeping my fingers crossed for a positive outcome for your sweet Guinnias.

Apifera Farm said...

I just hope the girl scout cookie raffle knows about this for future raffles!

Yea, we'll move on now. My readers don't need the drama!

And Paula, I took all the deposits right away, so it all should be fine. But thanks for asking!

Tai said...

This is one of the (many) examples of bureaucracy stifling common sense and compassion. Hypocrites. I encourage everyone to email the eBay/PayPal CEOs and ask them to stop hosting auctions of guided wildlife trophy hunts. They won't help an old goat but they're happy to help kill a grizzly bear or a mountain goat.

Susan said...

Silly Palpay. If I did a thing online - should I redo it via post?
It had said it went through but it wasn't Palpay but a credit card. Sorry, a bit confused here.

Apifera Farm said...

Hey Susan, yes your payments and every one's came through. But no more raffles using PP. No worries!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~