Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, May 17, 2010

Pie Love: Pug and pie



With Pino Pie Day 2010 fast approaching [June 27th, to be exact] I made a pecan pie with Apifera walnuts, and I must say, it was perfect. The One Eyed Pug may be down to one eye, but as he likes to tell everyone, he can "still smell pie".


Pino also has a Facebook Page for this year's events, and it actively posts apron arrivals and pictures.

4 comments:

Vikki and the Kid said...

I just LOVE pecan pie made with walnuts. But since we can't really grow either here on our property, I'm looking forward to making pecan pie made with hazelnuts or almonds!

Sorry about the loss of Jane. It's hard, even when you know sometimes death is better than life with pain.

Vikki at http://vikkisverandah.blogspot.com

Tina T-P said...

Oh, that is a beautiful pie - warm with maybe some vanilla ice cream? Yum. T.

C.M. Mayo said...

What a cutie-pie!

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks, Vikki, no ice cream this time [I'm sort of a pie purist but love vanilla ice cream. And Madame Mayo, I know you are partial to pugs....

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~