Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Conversing with Chickens #2


All week I'll be doing short, spur of the moment interviews with the chickens of Apifera. Like I said in the first interview, these chickens are busy, and have little desire for the spotlight, so expect brief, to the point answers. All answers are unrehearsed.

Papa Roo has been our main rooster from the arrival of the chickens, so he is at least 5 or 6 years old. He's not a cuddly rooster, like my beloved now departed Ward, nor is he that social, like the flashy Lyndon Baines was. Papa Roo and I have a polite, professional relationship. So when I asked him his question, I was not surprised by his brief response.

KD: "Papa Roo, do you ever have dreams or yearnings to be something you are not, like a dog or a horse?"

PR: He shook his had defiantly back and forth and rushed off.