Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, January 15, 2017

Earnest the pig and his crazy quilt

Earnest inherited a crazy quilt from his great great aunt three times removed...or something like that. On sunny winter days, when the round quality permits, I allow it to come out of mothballs and lay it out for the little pig, and any others he invites, like bunnies and mice.

These scenes in my heart are what get me up in the morning, along with homemade bread, toasted, a fire by my mate, and the ability to somehow believe the world won't blow up in the near future and the wind and sea will somehow be here for future pigs and people.

{This original drawing now available at the shop.}


3 comments:

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

Art is a balm for the one who creates it as well as the ones who admire it and i litterally melt when i look at your art dear Kathrine Dunn.Thank you so much for sharing beauty and images of innocence on your blog! It is more important than ever to create space for what really matters and contributes to make the world a better place.I share your worries about the future in your country and my heart is with you and all my american friends. I send you my warmest encouragements, you are not alone, many people like me care about you and the future of your beautiful country. Darkness is there but so are we.Much love dear!

Katherine Dunn said...

Marcie, my friend, Jeanne_SYlvie, that is a wonderful message to get today as I wrap up my day. To be honest, I was quite down all day, and I usually am an optimistic person, but I am not feeling so much these days, but when I do, i try to share it. I know many in Europe and abroad are with those of us that currently feel dread, tribalism is rampant all over the world right now. We shall make art and speak up, and care.

Jeanne-Sylvie said...

Thinking of you dear Katherine and i send you my warmest and kindest smile, practiced metta for you this morning (may you be happy, may you be well, may you be safe, way you be peaceful and at ease) and, yes, "we shall make art and speak up and care". Love to all the apiferians!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~