Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, January 23, 2010

Pie Love: Pie for three, please


Visit Donkey Dreams blog to see all the pictures from today's Pie Picnic for Three.

The beauty of this day will be savored. The freedom I have to wake up and choose to bake a pie is not taken lightly. I have all my senses, and I chose to work in a field with my husband at my side..."for the exercise" I told him. It would make room for the pie, I secretly thought.

And at the proper moment, when my back hurt, I declared it pie time. I gathered up my little donkey, and I sit for 20 precious moments, on a warm, spring like day, with a pie, a husband and my muse.