Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, September 15, 2014

Overhead view of the land



You begin to see the land as an aerial view when you work on it. Or maybe that is because I am an artist and have always had visual movies playing in my head. Martyn has learned that when he builds something, I really need to see it structurally up to decide where I want a door or window. While my father the architect, and Martyn, were and are able to see a building project three dimensionally, I can't. I admire that skill.

But our land, I think it is is different. I can see it as if I were flying over head, each structure or shadow from a barn or pond area that forms in winter rains can become a simple shape. My perspective might be off, but I know where things are.