Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, January 07, 2016

Preferred method of donkey travel



The logistics of moving the animals from Oregon to Maine can give a shepherdess a headache, so I am trying to take one step at a time so as not to overwhelm myself. Obviously I have to research methods but somehow I feel that when the place here sells, some magical wand will twitch from The Head Troll's hand and everything will snap in to place-just like a Mary Poppins movie.

And of course, the donkeys would like to just put their wings on and fly their own slow route, stopping to visit roadside weeds and daisies. Why hurry, they will tell you.

After suffering 8 days with my strained back, I am finally getting back to normal. It's a relief to know when I get out bed I won't have to scream in pain. And I'm happy to be done with the pain killers, I am just not very compatible with drugs,which I guess is a good thing. I just needed to paint freely with a child 's hand and heart today and made these sillinesses. They are on the sale page so snap them up if you feel the need for bright whim on the wall. I'm also going to be adding these to the art card designs this next week.