Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, October 03, 2018

A sign to appease the pig

Full speed ahead on the prepping for our big day on Saturday. I'm busy making signs and all sorts of stuff to give our guests a story book feel when they enter the gates. I know this event will evolve over the years like our old event out West...but I am working hard to make it magical and special. The weather is supposed to be good [hooves, toes, tails are all crossed].

This is our first public fundraiser here in Maine so I am a bit anxious to see what our turn out will be. However, we have had wonderful reception from the local papers and that is so rgreat. And we are on a main artery of a road, so it is a convenient location.

And we found a fiddler! Pam Weeks will be playing amongst The Misfits and guests. I am so excited about that, and I know the donkeys especially respond to music, or at least Pino did at one of our past events.

Hope I get to meet some of you!