Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Opie speaks

Opie on arrival to Apifera
Three years ago, Opie was born and shortly after came into our lives as a bottle baby. We were all graced by the set of events that would propell him to Apifera. He began his therapy visits soon after, and was a natural. Of course as a bottle baby, he was soft with people, but if you watch him in action when he is 'on the job', he knows his stuff, he silently weeds out the most tender in a room.

"Today I was born!" Opie said as I entered the barn.

"I know, what a good day for us," I said to him.

"But my mother died, and my brother," he said.

"Yes, that was a hard part of that day," I said.

"But I'm here now. Let's go run!"

I declined to run, but watched him skip out of the barn into the chilly day, and he stopped in the sun to chew his cud.

Opie with one his friends at a therapy visit...we miss her