Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, January 06, 2021

Did you wake up on January 1st with expectations?


I read in the Times that many people across the world were relieved to see 2020 gone, but had the blues on the first day of 2021. I was that person. I couldn't pin point it. It was gloomy weather. We've had little sun and usually we have sun and snow but it was rainy and the snow was mush and blah blahblahblah blah.

I'm snapping out of it though.

I think part of it was the expectation that everything is going to change this year and the virus will be reduced with vaccines and we'll be gathering in nursing homes again and [for many of us] the current commander will be removed. But I think the first day of the year felt like the last day of the last year.

But, I got back in the studio, worked on a new raggedy creature [it went from being a llama to a goat to now I think it is the Teapot's mother], am percolating ideas for projects, scheduled a Facetime with an elder resident at Cove's Edge who is blue...gotta just keep moving.

Everything is going to keep moving around us. Seeds are percolating under us. All of us. Keep moving, even if it means sitting in your chair and moving your arms. The latter will let you feel the air on your body.