Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, July 30, 2022

For anyone who has lost someone

 

This was what White Dog wrote about his death, for me. I've seen so many friends lose mates and others in the past summer, guess it happens more and more as we get up to the autumn of life. So maybe this will help someone.
 
"When you miss my earthly body,
and you need to feel my fur, touch the snow.
When you need to hear me, listen to the wind.
When you crave to see my eyes one more time,
Look at all the other eyes around you.
When you hear a coyote,
it is me guiding them away from the farm.
There is no place I won't be,
so there is no place you can't find me.
I am Here There Everywhere.
In the coming days, rest by the old apple
where my body will be buried in my return to the womb.
It will comfort you,
until you fully embrace my new way of being
in the Here There Everywhere."
~White Dog~