Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, May 02, 2010

Sheep of dusk


Each night I bleat for them, and they leave their work in the lavender field behind, and rushing to me in a cluster, in their safety zone of the flock. They each have a place in it and each has a distinct personality, just like any other extended family. I get very cranky when people say sheep are stupid. Not true, they just think like sheep, knowing the safety of the flock is what will keep them alive from predators. I challenge a group of 10 people to spend a week in bobcat-cougar-coyote territory with no tents, no guns, just themselves to ward off predators.

4 comments:

farmlady said...

Amen, Katherine.

Claire the Shepherdess said...

A beautiful image - their faces are so serene. I love to look at the faces of my sheep.

maccandace said...

That is such an excellent, fun, whimsical, pretty photo...I love it!!!!

Flassie's Fil'a said...

Beautiful lovely photo!!

God Bless You and Yours!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~