Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, February 05, 2019

Opie tries to read...Othello


Poor little Opie. I found him in the barn today, all alone tucked into a quiet corner with a book.

"Opie, what are you doing?" I asked.

"I have to learn to read. I don't know how."

"Well, I think "Othello" might be a hard one to learn on. What brought this on?"

"I'm the Goat on the Side at your book reading this week," he said.

"Oh, Opie, you don't need to read , you just will be there giving Opie love," I told him.

"Oh! Why doesn't anybody explain these things to me."

"I'm sorry, no need for stress.," I said.

"I think I will learn Italian first," he said.

{Book Reading/Goat on the Side is Thursday, February 7, 1pm at Inn Along the Way in Damariscotta. I will be reading from my books, and they will be available for sale. Opie will be there too, giving love. Hours 1pm - 3pm, Inn Along the Way, 741 Main St, Damariscotta, ME 04543}