Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Fairies trust me

Fairies are rampant at Apifera, they only come out when they feel comfortable with their surroundings, so sightings are rare with guests. I was so happy that early on after we arrived in Maine I found fairies in The Wood. Maine seems like a perfect place for these wondrous creatures especially since they love forests and there are so many woodlands here. I was fortunate enough to witness a baby fairy being born, and made this image for all of you since I know these creatures are very hesitant to allow humans into heir world. They trust me.

I also love that the snow makes the trees sparkle, and helps me find the bunny paw prints that lead me to burrows and icy birds sitting a top trees. Snow and stars all make winter a wonderland here in Maine, and Apifera and creatures are taking notice.

Both of these are now available as prints.