Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, December 29, 2016

Reprieve with the pig

It has been mild for two days, like spring. The ice melted.

And the The World's grumpiest But I Am Fine As I Am Pig came out for the first time in weeks. Like Solstice, I celebrated it with her, this coming out, this acknowledgment that winter days are to be blessed for the book end feeling of surprise spring days. She was uncharacteristically cheerful this morning, so I petted her behind the ears, her one spot of acceptance. And then I helped her back to her suite, covered her in straw, put my gloves in my pocket, happy to be able to open the gate with bare fingertips. These are the reprieves of winter. And they are worthy of my gratitude.

We are celebrating our incredible year here, all week. We are happy.