Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, February 13, 2009

Yea, love


Thanks to one of my music fairies, I now have Levon Helm's'"Dirt Farmer'. As an old fan of The Band, Levon's voice always makes my bones twitch. I think this song just sums me and my dirt farmer up. Spread love to the ones you love.

Well I got me a woman she's a pretty good woman at that
We live with a monkey and a Chinese acrobat
She calls me Tex, makes me wear a cowboy hat
But I don't care, she's a pretty good woman at that

Nuthin'in the world could ever make me treat her mean
She shaves my beard and keeps my tractor clean.
She burns my bread and makes me eat turnip greens.
But I don't care, she's the best little woman I've seen.
Some folks move out to California, some stay in Tennessee
I don't care where I'm headed, as long as that woman, she stands by me.