Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, October 25, 2010

In honor of Ethel



Deer season is almost over, and it appears that Ethel has lived another season. Martyn thinks it's my own wishful thinking that the deer I see each spring, summer, and then fall, always with young, is always Ethel- but he never bothers to take time to talk with her. Yesterday she came right up to the studio area, and I looked right at her ans said,

"Ethel?"

And she acknowledged me with her blinks. We communicated without words for several minutes.

You can read the story of Ethel here . And if you like that story you can buy my new chapbook called Mice That Lovewhich includes the Ethel story along with others.