Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, April 18, 2013

Jane to Jane to Jane



I did this painting a month ago for the upcoming May show, "Ode to Jane", thinking at the time it was yet another ode to an Apifera creature that had passed, in this case one the three Barred Rock hens who were all named Jane.

"The Three Janes" eventually became the "The Two Janes" and now we have just "Jane", the last remaining Barred Rock.

My mother's given name is Jane and after her passing two weeks ago I looked back at this piece. I have many times experienced my art being way ahead of my consciousness - the art is entwined in the subconscious and it is already accepting what will happen. It was a nudge to me, the human, from me the spiritually awakened.

That's my experience anyway.