Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

©K.Dunn. All rights reserved.




Wednesday, May 13, 2009

New work: Green is green


I know it's a roll of toilet paper, but I am in love with this piece.

I've been working on a series about "green" items. Yes, it's all the buzz, but illustrating what one cares about is always juicy. I have way too many ideas for the series, so I might have to stop myself after a couple more.
You can see 'green haircare" and "green Dresses" at the portfolio.

7 comments:

Johnnny said...

I do agree with anyone who thinks you should go with your flow on this one and not limit your creative vein into this most interesting take on greening up our lives as we know them, as a group of individuals, collectively know as "us".

Apifera Farm said...

Well, Johnny, thank you for that generous comment. I'm pleased it struck you that way!

cc said...

what a wonderful piece of art! i grabbed me right away. beautiful

Cathy said...

Beautiful! I love the curly roots.

Mary said...

love this piece!

pbird said...

Katherine, do you have prints of this? It would be perfectly lovely in my bathroom and I do mean that as a compliment! Hoping to get an apron and honey off in the mail to you soon...

Apifera Farm said...

yes, pbird, I can make prints of it. To pull a large archival it's $175 [includes s/h] and to pull a piece of 8x10 it's $75 [includes s/h. You can email me if interested. I love the whole series.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~