Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Between pies and fields...



Dear Mr. and Ms. art director who finds yourself here while working at your ad agency or corporate office, I know I talk about pie a lot, and yes, my donkey is preparing for two pie parties which means I do have an influx of mail arriving for him. Please be assured if you have tiny jobs or big jobs, my donkey knows that I will be baking less pie for him and making more art for you. Donkeys just know these things. It's the humans that get all worried a pie baker can't juggle too many balls at once. Why just yesterday I created three new patterns for my license portfolio, prepared a large wholesale order of lavender, finsihed 2 more pieces for a gallery show, and hoed two hours in the field. I also made muffins. Faithfully, Katherine Dunn, illustrator

PS. The top image is from my emerging and evolving license portfolio and the bottom image is about the distribution of the small farmer's food crop into the cities for buyers.

4 comments:

Paula said...

I only wish there was a way to get a slice of pie in the mail !!!! New Mexico is a long way.......

Do you take a photo of each person modeling the apron they purchased to post after the event???? It would be fun to see the person wearing the apron I made for Pino's big day.

Cathy said...

These are both lovely! The farm-to-city table one makes me smile. Was this for an article, or...?

Mary said...

these are wonderful!

Red Fish Circle said...

Hiya Katherine, haven't stopped by in a while - happy Spring (soon to be Summer) - Love these two illustrations too!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~