Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, May 29, 2009

Another somewhere


I'm rushing around trying to get the final touches on some things for the upcoming "Somewhere" show at Zeek Gallery. This is a 3D set with felted creatures. It's really just the start of the idea I have of doing a whole show of felted creatures against illustrated sets. I need to do much better with the process of the set portion, but hope to schedule a show two years out to give me proper time. I want the sets to be much more theatrical and detailed than this. But, it's a start. This is called, "She picked a star out of the night sky for him" and is 16" square.

3 comments:

Zan Asha said...

I don't know why you are worried, Katherine--this is just a beautiful piece...as are all your works. I love the sensitivity of it...just lovely :)

pRiyA said...

this is terrific. i hope you will show us more of this kind of work...
i simply love your illustrations any way.

coloredsock said...

so fun to see this and where you are going with meshing the two mediums and bringing your world to life. so cool. reminds me of chagal. dream flying circus visions thru milkyway streams. it'll be fun to watch it develop more. have a GREAT show! can't wait to see more and hear about it.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~