Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, October 11, 2007

Sometimes Life Begets Nuts



Yes, that really is a tree, our beloved walnut that sits in the front of the house, in view from one of my studio windows. That tiny man is the master steward of Apifera, gracefully gathering our walnut harvest. We now have millions, it seems, walnuts drying everywhere in the house, including the oven dryer. Someday, we keep saying, we will build drying racks for the barn...In the meantime, we have been entertaining ourselves with a plethora of nutty quotes. Upon going to bed, we make squirrel sounds and say, "I'm ready for winter!"... In the morning, after turning the drying nuts on their racks, I say, "Are your nuts dry yet?"..."What are you doing today?...Nut'in honey"...and "I'm livin' in nut house"...It goes on and on.

Nuts, I gotta go...