Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Gifts for Pino

Pino received a wonderful gift in the mail from Alicia over at Blog Sisters [if you resend your blog in a comment please, I've misplaced it!]. It was a book "The Last Lecture" by Randy Pausch, an inspiring story of a man that was dying, but lived life with an attitude that many never find even in the best of health. Alicia put the book in a beautiful gift box, lined in suede, and added little tea packs and linen water too.

It was a kind gesture, to have someone pass something on to us they found inspiring, simply because they thought Pino and me were trying to pass on good things to people in our humble-slow-donkey way.

When we were named Blog of Note last week, it brought a lot of new readers, and most comments/emails were genuine, people responding to what animal therapy can be. Unfortunately, it also brought out some of the dregs of the internet world. Ignorant, or angry, or confused people in their own hearts, who reacted in such silly ways towards a little donkey just trying to make people feel good.

Pino was sheltered from the moronic emails and comments. And I brushed them off to ignorance. So when the package arrived, it was a nice ending to an interesting week.

6 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry you had to deal with the downside of being noteworthy. As we know, there are a lot of nutjobs on the interwebs.

Zan Asha said...

Hi Katherine, I read both your Apifera and Donkey Dreams blogs, and love them. I thought I'd chime in and say that I hope you don't let the fools keep you down. Not sure what the reason for such foolishness it, but just remember: you inspire many with your thoughtfulness and forthright, beautiful stories :)

Apifera Farm said...

Yea, some people just have too much cynicism in them I guess. But that doesn't sway the heart of Pino. Thank you for the kind comment and giving us a cyber hug!

Daisy said...

I'm certainly glad Pino didn't read those nasty emails. Sending some kisses to you all.

Blog Sisters said...

Hi Katherine,

I'm so glad Pino received his gift. In this season of Thanksgiving, we are thankful for what we have, and give what we can to help make this world a little brighter. Your idea is truly genius. Animals are powerful and no doubt you and Pino will touch the masses! Continued success.
Alicia http://aboutaliciagrecco.blogspot.com

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks for writing Alicia! Well I don't know if it's a genius idea, but like you said, use what we have to share is the key! I posted your link on the other post too - and will add you to Pino's admirer list.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~