Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, December 12, 2009

He brought me cherries, I made him pie



I've been working on finalizing the new Apifera Farm website. After 5 years, the farm has evolved, as has my work. It's time to have a site that not only is better designed, but also is closer to what Apifera is - a farm, but also a place born from the love story of two people. And there's pie involved.

The love story is still evolving, and as I worked on the new site, I thought about how my soul is exercised when I bake for Martyn, and how my heart is caressed when he cooks my meals. As I type, he's in the kitchen, stuffing a farm raised chicken, with our land's herbs and spices. My senses are delighted. I feel loved on many levels, but when he brings me a plate of his cooking, I'm nourished, which is one of the many benefits of real love. Putting the farm site together, I realize this is a side of Apifera I want to write more about.

So visit the new site, and get a tiny glimpse into our beginnings. I'm being beckoned now, it is time to sit by the fire with the dirt farmer.