Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Saturday, December 12, 2009

He brought me cherries, I made him pie



I've been working on finalizing the new Apifera Farm website. After 5 years, the farm has evolved, as has my work. It's time to have a site that not only is better designed, but also is closer to what Apifera is - a farm, but also a place born from the love story of two people. And there's pie involved.

The love story is still evolving, and as I worked on the new site, I thought about how my soul is exercised when I bake for Martyn, and how my heart is caressed when he cooks my meals. As I type, he's in the kitchen, stuffing a farm raised chicken, with our land's herbs and spices. My senses are delighted. I feel loved on many levels, but when he brings me a plate of his cooking, I'm nourished, which is one of the many benefits of real love. Putting the farm site together, I realize this is a side of Apifera I want to write more about.

So visit the new site, and get a tiny glimpse into our beginnings. I'm being beckoned now, it is time to sit by the fire with the dirt farmer.

10 comments:

farmlady said...

How wonderful! A love story about two people and a farm called Apifera. This is going to be great! I can't wait for more..., I thought what you had here was really good. How much better could it get?
Oh, that's right...., "there's pie involved".

Zan Asha said...

Kathrine, this is an AMAZING new site. I love it. The images are just beautiful!

Red Fish Circle said...

Hey Katherine, just saw your post on Facebook and hopped onto your new farm site - enjoyed reading your fabulous tree shaking pie baking love story - and love love love seeing your photos and inspiration alongside your artwork. You tell your stories so beautifully in pictures as well as words. Hope you all have a warm wonderful holiday.

Mary Ann said...

I love what the new site is looking like--very nice. I have enjoyed discovering your blog, and your sentiments regarding following a dream are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

kerin rose said...

A beautiful and poetic retelling of your love story...
loved your new site!

maccandace said...

I love your new website. Apifera Farm is truly a magical place! And you tell your story so beautifully with words and pictures.

ARTIST IN THE ARCTIC said...

lovely.

all of it.

i stumbled into your world while perusing the artists on Sundance - what a happy accident *

Paula said...

Katherine ~ simply awesome.

Apifera Farm said...

Thanks, everyone! I love hearing this feedback. I've been getting emails all day too and I feel like the new site seemed to touch people in a good way. And nice to hear from some new people too.

Keep those emails, comments, or whatever coming. I love hearing them.

Deb said...

Katherine, your website, farm, and stories are beyond words. I love it all. (And I think you are destined for an article in Martha Stewart.) I hope to see the farm (and have some pie) someday!

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~