Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, December 06, 2009

Old goat napping



Old Guinnias likes to take naps standing up. I caught him in action yesterday morning. He started leaning a little and woke himself up.

Gertie and Georgie are just the sweetest old goats. They give me no trouble and are adjusting to their new home. I do think Georgie is far worse than Gertie when it comes to discomfort. I have been doing almost daily massages, and have found watery spots on both, and I work those areas gently. They seem to really like it, although Georgie is definitely tender in the hips. She basically sits most of the day and doesn't seem to be able to stand longer than a few minutes. Gertie is doing more exploring on her own, but they definitely like to be together, or in bleating difference.

You can sponsor the three old goats of Apifera at this link. You'll receive one of my Old Goat prints in return.