Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Mail for Pino

Pino got this letter from someone who has been looking for aprons for his cause. It's so nice to get these....

"Yesterday when I was going through one of my mom's dresser drawers, I found two more aprons to send to you for your Pie Day. They are both half aprons, made on a home singer sewing machine which is still in my mother's basement along with two of my grandma's machines. Anyway, I digress again... One of these aprons is red and black with a little yellow and white and it has four squares of kitchen scenes on it. The other is blue swirls. They both have pockets, and I found a kleenex in each right-hand pocket. Smile. My grandma Ida and my mom Doris always kept hankies or tissues in their pockets. Smile again. I think these aprons are from the early '50s. I will wash, iron, and send them to you."

Thank you, Linda, we can't wait to see them!