Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, June 28, 2010

Pie Day Ponderings


Beautiful weather, perfect pie crust, pie plethora, children brushing donkeys, beautiful little girls with curls, boys with full cheeks, great grandmothers healing from broken hearts and aging bodies- it all happened with a 5 hour period at Apifera on Sunday.
I am in post pie day pondering mode, and will be posting pictures and thoughts all week. There were some pretty magical moments for me, some made me cry, but all gave me that invisible pat on my back that bringing pies, donkeys and aprons together brings people joy, and comfort. I want to give the many tender moments justice with proper posts. But here is a glimpse.