Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, November 11, 2010

Sweater weather thoughts



Every time I sit down to focus on my felted creature stories, something else takes priority. Fortunately they have all been good priorities involving writing opportunities and new work. So, here's a sneak peek at my attempts. Okay, I've been giving sneak peaks for awhile now, but like I just said to someone,

"I'm creating as fast as I can."

And on a closing note - the book was named one of Amazon Editor's Top Ten List in Photography/Art for 2010. What a thrill for me. And the puppets, well, they can hardly stand it. I'm sure Pino the puppet will be making an announcement soon.

3 comments:

mcregan said...

Hi Katherine--Congratulations on your award from Amazon. I thought you might like to know that I am using your book in my advanced high school art classes. My students are a little intimidated by your technique of painting over images but I told them it was time to loosen up! We are starting a major project next week, if you are interested, I can email you the final results! (Tell Etta that I think she is lucky girl!)

Apifera Farm said...

I love that you are using the book! Makes me beam. Tell the class that I fist became aware of the liberation of that process when I was a ceramic person- People would see me destroying wet pots and starting all over and they couldn't get over it. Something better always comes from it.Maybe if you get them to scan the piece before they paint over it it will free them up a bit more. There's a Flickr group just started too and they can join and add stuff if they wsnt. http://www.flickr.com/groups/creative_illustration_wkshop

Kate on Clinton said...

Congratulations on the Amazon accolades! The light on the clothing in the image above is such a beautiful touch.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~