Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, April 26, 2012

New art cards for sale



I've taken some of the art from "Misfits of Love" and made sweet little art cards that are now on my Etsy shop. Each one has a mini story about the animal it depicts. I hope to do this with more of the art as I work on this book.

"Misfits of Love" is an illustrated collection of narratives and short stories with both painting and sepia toned photographs. It documents the souls, voices and hearts of a collection of old, neglected, and sometimes abused creatures that make their way to my home, Apifera Farm. Some come by invitation, others after hearing about the haven from the birds or winds.

This is not your average collection of feel good animal stories. An editor recently described my writing as "part Griffin & Sabine and part Sara Midda — with a dash of Alice in Wonderland and a hint of Rumi. Apifera's misfits are crippled goats, a pig, wandering roosters, an old goose and donkey and dying lambs hospiced by a blind senior dog, mice in love and more - each has a voice.

The project's initial stage was helped along with Kickstarter funding. Now my agent Erzsi Deak is also helping pitch the stories with my other book projects [collective applause is heard from the barnyard!]