Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, April 10, 2014

Which way do I go



This is one of Little Lil's ewe lambs. We are at one month old now and all the lambs are looking good and growing well. I sat in front of her and took this sequence, but then it went on and on–she kept looking one way, then another, back and forth.

"Where's Mom? Where is sister?"

I enjoy spending time with the flock like this. I find one has to sit quietly with animals, a lot, to really observe, in order to comprehend some of their motions or why they react to certain things as they do. It is all interesting to me and is one reason I continue to love farming. You learn from each season, each group, each field.