Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, March 13, 2015

Walking with moons and other stuff



Just some donkey house keeping. The new Donkey Wisdom journals are at the printer and I should have them by mid April if all goes well. I'm really excited to get them out to those who have taken time to pre-order.

I might sound like a broken record, but want to emphasize how important pre-sales are to me as an indie creator. It allows me to pay for printing in larger quantities so I can keep the product price down, as well as keeping me out of debt. The money goal on the pre-order site pays for printing only, so I don't see income until after that is paid off. I'm a bit disappointed we haven't had the pre orders for the journal as we have for the last two books. I'm not sure why and we all have our limits of products, sales, crowd sourcing and donkey power...wait, we have no limits with donkey power.

So if you are thinking of buying a journal, it helps a lot if you do it now. And the pre-order pricing is going to be the lowest retail price.

And one other garish mention-the $20 doodle sale ends tonight.