Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Thursday, November 17, 2016

I wanna hold your hand forever



I have been preoccupied with getting the new book ready for the press and busy in the studio. I have some things to share and will do this weekend.

In the meantime, I give you White Dog love. Benedetto and I have rituals in the morning. He loves to hold hands. While this could be construed as dominant behavior on his part, it is not. It is our personal time together, usually in silence, where we share a sense of safety in numbers.

When we were in Oregon and were moving here, I would look in his eyes and tell him everything was going to be okay, we were all coming together. He knew that already I suspect, or trusted me. But this morning I asked him if he should die before me, will he come find me when I die, wherever we are. I have no doubt he will. I also told him today I was so glad he came to us, so unexpectedly in such a magical way, a mysterious way, but I do believe somehow it was planned. I feel for some reason he is safer here, I don't know why. He seems much happier here in many ways, I think because his job is more defined due to the set up of the paddocks. And he has his job and Marcella has hers.

Marcella meanwhile gave me her beautiful look, her brown eyes looking up at me, letting me know she's here, she's ready and she knows I am here and I am ready.