Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Would you buy a book from this dog?


If you've ever been to one of our events, you know I kind of like signs. Our second annual Misfit Love Day is this Saturday and I finally figured out how to use the little hut we took from a dump site at one of Martyn's jobs. Someone made the little hut we think for a child-there is a cupboard inside, windows, remnants of wallpaper and a smoke stack for charm [I can assure you nobody built a fire in it].

Martyn saw the hut at his job site and laughed out loud to the crew that he better not show me a picture of it or I'd want it. He had planned to not tell me, but...well, he did, and when I saw it I of course knew it held all sorts of possibilities in it. And the thought that some little kid probably loved that little hut...well, now it would be brought back to purpose. When we went to pick it up at the job site, Martyn's boss was there with some crew and they all just chuckled when they saw him there showing me the hut. They helped us get it into the truck which was nice, and off we went. Then on the way home we stopped at the hardware store, and pulling out was another crew member who knew the whole story, and there we were like the Beverly Hillbillies with this hut on top of our truck-he was laughing.

So this little hut has a local history. I keep wondering if someone will show up Saturday and demand to take it back home. I'd be crushed. It is a small town, everyone seems to know everyone so who knows.

Anyway, it will greet people as they enter the pasture of free roaming Misfits, and it is a perfect bookstore. I opened the back door on it, and White Dog rushed in, it was so funny. He had no idea what to do once inside, as he fills it up, so he looks a bit..."Um, can you get me out of here, please?"

The weather appears to be holding well for Saturday. Either way, we will be here, as will our little Bookstore.