Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. All images ar©Katherine Dunn.





Monday, July 07, 2008

Dirty buckets provide insight


With the harvest falling the day after Pino Pie Day, I was overwhelmed with a myriad of chores and things that needed to get done, on top of the usual business of the day. I went to fill the water buckets out in the field, and found them dirty and scummy from the heat. Feeling rushed, I was irritated, one more thing that needed my attention. I had to go back to the barn and get my scrubber so I could clean the buckets, and provide safe and clean water for the animals. So I did. Upon returning, still feeling rushed, I sat and waited while the 15 gallon buckets filled to their quota. This forced me to stop, and as the water was heard streaming into the buckets, I could hear Boone eating nearby. Down below, I saw the sheep in their field. I had time to look at each young ewe and see how they looked in comparison to the adults.

If it hadn't been for that scummy water bucket, I never would have noticed.

5 comments:

Rekoj said...

oh my! I've been a lurker for a bit(found your blog somewhere then added it to my Reader) but this painting is so lovely I just had to tell you so. It's my absolute favorite so far - love the colors and how the white sheep just pop out!

Abby Creek Art said...

Beautiful painting, Katherine...I love the way you did the sky.

shepherdgirl said...

Thanks Rekoj and Linda - it's always nice to have people notice and comment...

coloredsock said...

mmm, what a sweet glimpse. love the little guy on the right.

Punkin's Mom said...

Sometimes I forget, but I'm thankful for "scummy water buckets" as well.

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! The farm and my art/writing keep me hopping, so might not respond immediately. Thank you for understanding. ~Katherine & Apifera ~