Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Clumsy


I worked most of the day yesterday on this piece, and tossed it in the trash at the end of the day, only to retrieve it the next morning. I had wanted to get back to the drawing table all this week, finally did, but the heat had me feeling lethargic, and stiff of hand. Clumsy. Not fluid at all. Every thing I changed on the piece looked worse than the last change. This happens. There's nothing horrible about this illustration 'The Harvesters", but there's nothing great about it either. I post it as a sample of 'ok-ness' ...Another hot day, then cooler tomorrow. It might bring more fluidity to my instinctive abilities.