Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Sunday, January 25, 2009

Dreaming briefly

I had a short but powerful dream last night. I dreamt I went to the barn, and there in the corner were two pygmies nursing over 10 baby goats. I went back to the house and told Martyn. That was the whole dream, but it reminded me of the excitement of lambing season. Each season, we get to start all over, be surprised, amazed. Later in the day, I did some garden work, and marveled at the buds on the fruit trees. The little seeds always working out of site making flower children, even on bleak winter days, remind us hope is always within if we choose to see it. The little naked plum tree will once again bear fruit, and my wisteria will once again feed the bees. It's good the universe figured this all out, as these hopeful glimpses of pre-spring are helpful to our human souls.