Apifera Farm - where art, story, animals & woman merge. Home to artist Katherine Dunn

Apifera Farm is a registered 501 [c][3]. #EIN# 82-2236486

All images

©Katherine Dunn.





Friday, April 17, 2015

Casting call for Misfits



You know the routine. Scurry of feet, two raps at my studio door, scurry of feet leaving, a note is left.

This should be interesting, if not exhausting. I most likely won't be able to report back until after the weekend. I guess I should feel pleased I was invited to try out. If you don't know what is going on, the barnyard is having their own Misfit Summer Stock. I guess The Head troll was inspired by some old Gene Kelly movie, or was it Judy garland?

No matter what, it is bound to be....challenging. I mean, have you ever worked in a cast of short statured pigs and crippled kissing goats? But as I said once before, this is an experience that will engage me and entertain, and allow me to expand.

Stay tuned. Wish me luck.